pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

The New Beats by Dre

Happy Friday,

This past Wednesday, the company Monster, who makes the Beats by Dr. Dre headphone line, dropped the newest products to the brand.

Personally I love almost everything they have put out, but I do have some mixed reviews on the new gear.

First: the dopest product I believe they have made is the Studio edition.

I copped these right after graduation, and it was the best purchase I've made in a while.

Of course like all be products they aren't the most reasonable prices, but one you have them you'll  always find them worth it.

These will run you about $300 generally.










The new gear seemed to up the ante but they also upped the price to some truly absurd levels.  



Here is the Beat Box, which is Monster's "iHome" type device.  I haven't had a chance to really check this out yet because they haven't hit stores, but for $450 it better be banging out some clear sound.  It looks sleek and should sound great, but it has to hit hard for such a high price.







Here we have the Beat Pros which will also run you $450.  This just seems like an absurd amount to ask for any headphones, I don't care  what the fuck they are made out of or sound like, that is a joke.  They look great and will sound amazing, but lets be serious save your cash.









Now here is where they hating happens.  Who is going to pay 180 beans to wear something that looks this ridiculous.  Sure they stay on your ears, but i've ran with in earbuds that always stay in, and I don't look like tool.  Function over form here, I wont be rushing for these. 








Monster puts out great shit, but they really have to rethink the prices.  I believe their revenue would shoot up if they lowered prices so they would sell more products.

Here's a link if you like what you see

Later,
Herk

No comments:

Post a Comment